Header

Friday, April 9, 2010

[Review] Unlocked LG Viewty KU990


It came in this cute box. haha



The front: The Stylus is attached like a cell charm. It retracts when pulled out.


The back: Camera with flash. The grey thing is the jog wheel for zoom.

I finally got a new phone! My Nokia N70 gave up on me and wouldn't charge anymore :( I went searching for a touch screen cell with a great camera and stumbled upon the LG Viewty KU990. I saw the White version of the phone and instantly fell in love! The camera is 5.1 mega pixel and has auto focus. It can also record videos 120 frames per second, which i have yet to try, so i'm hoping i can capture something cool (maybe i'll make someone do a backflip or breakdance..idk xD).

Good:
*What I love most about this phone is that it looks like a camera at first glance. It's also light weight. It was not as bulky as I thought it would be.
*Can recognize handwritten text using the stylus.
*QWERTY touchscreen keyboard is very easy to use.
*Great picture quality. You can also draw on/edit your pictures & videos.
*120 fps video option.
*Web Browser, PDF viewer, mp3 player, video player.
*Yoobin (Wonder Girls) used the hot pink Cyon Viewty version of this phone in the So Hot music video xD (I found out about this on the Viewty thread on soompi :P)

Bad:
I first charged the phone for 6 hours and unplugged it when I went to sleep ( 4 of 4 bars charged). Into the night, I woke up to the phone beeping. The battery was DYING! I had read good and bad reviews about the battery life of this phone, and I was hoping mine would be alright, but I was wrong. The next night, I charged it for 12 hours. Let's just say it didn't last that long. I was thinking about buying a replacement battery, but I read up on some tips from other KU990 users.

*Put it on Power saving mode.
*Set backlight to 10 seconds.
*Turn 3g off & use 2G instead because 3g drains batteries quickly.

I was a little hesitant about turning off 3g, but then i realized I didn't need it. I don't have internet on my Tmobile plan. It's been more than 12 hours, and it's still 4 bars, fully charged. It worked :D! I'm so glad i don't have to buy a new battery/new phone.

I've yet to mess around with all the features on this phone, so that pretty much sums up my review. I'm really enjoying the phone so far!



Back Camera


Front Camera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails